SignServer 3.4.0 is now out!
Visit the download section to get SignServer. There is also a LiveCD!
Would you recommend SignServer?
Satisfied with SignServer? Let the world know of your opinion!
Said about PrimeKey
SignServer is an application framework performing cryptographic operations for other applications. It's intended to be used in environments where keys are supposed to be protected in hardware but it isn't possible to connect such hardware to existing enterprise applications or where the operations are considered extra sensitive so the hardware have to protected more carefully. Another usage is to provide a simplified method to provide signatures in different application managed from one location in the company.
SignServer is based on loadable modules that perform various operations. SignServer has ready to use modules for:
- TimeStamp Authority (RFC 3161 compliant and MS authenticode)
- Signers for different documents: PDF, XML, ODF, OOXML, MRTD (ePassport document signer)
- General purpose signers: CMS
- Validators for documents: XML
The modules can be used using HTTP or web services interfaces. SignServer also contains functions for:
- Certificate Validation Service Framework for validating certificates using CRLs or OCSP
- Group Key Service Framework
SignServer has been designed for high-availability and can be clustered for maximum reliability.
Different kinds of tokens can be used to perform sign and crypto operations:
- Soft token using JKS or PKCS12 files.
- PKCS#11 HSM tokens, such as the Utimaco CryptoServer, SafeNet ProtectServer and Luna, nCipher nShield or AEP KeyPer.
- PrimeCardHSM using smart cards.
Some of the major new features in version 3.4 are:
- Secure logging to database from CESeCore
- Query audit log from CLI, GUI or over web services
SignServer is OSI Certified Open Source Software. OSI Certified is a certification mark of the Open Source Initiative.
The source code of SignServer is hosted on SourceForge.net and all downloads include the complete source code.